Sinas apologizes over birthday party but claims viral photos 'old' and 'edited'

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Do they really think we're that stupid?


Apparently, the Philippine National Police (PNP) is now under fire because of a birthday party-- this might sound crazy, but it's true!


The NCR Police Chief Debold Sinas was spotted hosting his birthday party with his men, complete with rose giving ceremony and all that. But based on the photos circulating online it looks like social distancing and face masks left the party early.


PNP chief Archie Gamboa even defended the event saying that he doesn’t see anything wrong with it. wut? 

In a statement, National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas explained that he did not intend to disobey any existing protocols related to the enhanced community quarantine, which was implemented to curb the spread of COVID-19.

"I apologize for what transpired during my birthday that caused anxiety to the public," he said.

He said some of the photos that had been circulating online were "edited and grabbed from old posts."

"The pictures may depict itself, however it does not define the totality of what really had happened," he said.


 As of writing, the PNP has recorded 164 COVID-19 cases, 4 deaths and 52 recoveries. There are also 595 "probable" and 389 "suspect" COVID-19 cases in the police force.



Join the community of Young, Empowered, and Creative! Like, Follow, Subscribe to metroscenemag.com and our socials FacebookTwitter and Instagram

Post a Comment

Metroscene Mag